Frequently asked questions
I am a returning participant; can I use last year’s user ID and password?
Yes, if you have registered for the event. Enter your login information using last year’s user ID and password. If you have forgotten your password, select “Forgot Password,” follow the directions, and your password will be emailed to you. Once you have successfully logged in, you will be taken to the “Welcome Back” screen. From here, you can go back to your previous registration information and make changes.
Can I sponsor an entire team?
No, you cannot sponsor an entire team. You can only sponsor individuals on a team.
How do I track my cash and cheque donations?
If you receive cheques or cash from your friends and family (i.e., offline donations), you will need to track this. You can do this in two ways:
- Online by using your “Manage Cash & Cheque” page, entering the data and then printing the Results Form (you can find this form on your personal online fundraising page)
- Offline using a paper pledge form (you must be registered to take part in the Scotiabank Rat Race to fundraise)
This ensures that your sponsors who donate $25 or more will receive a tax receipt.
How do I submit my cash and cheque donations?
You can submit your cash and cheque donations in one of the following ways:
- Hand in all your offline donations on the day of the race along with a Results Form (you can find this form on your personal online fundraising page)
- Deliver in person or mail in additional pledges above the minimum $75 to our office by Friday, July 13, 2012, to:
United Way Toronto
Attn: Processing Dept.
26 Wellington Street E, 2nd Floor
Toronto, ON, M5E 1W9
Please write a cheque to cover the total amount of your cash pledges. Make it payable to “United Way Toronto.” Receipts will be issued for all donations of $25 or more. Do not mail cash.
*Remember: Offline (unverified) pledges will not change your status from “Pending” to “Registered.” “Verified Pledges” means that United Way Toronto has received the funds. This can only happen with online credit card donations. This offline donation-tracking tool is for your reference only and will not change your actual fundraising status. United Way Toronto cannot use this information, as it is not verified.
How do I qualify for incentive prizes?
- To qualify for an incentive prize, you must raise and submit a minimum of $250 (both online and offline) in pledges no later than Friday, July 13, 2012 at 5 pm EST. The following incentive prizes are offered:
- Raise $5,000-plus and you’ll receive a $500 HBC Gift Card.
- Raise $2,500 and you’ll receive a $250 HBC Gift Card.
- Raise $1,000 and you’ll receive a $100 HBC Gift Card.
- Raise $500 and you’ll receive a $50 HBC Gift Card.
- Raise $250 and you’ll receive a $25 HBC Gift Card.
- Prizes are based on individual fundraising — not team fundraising.
- Incentive prizes must be picked up in person between 9 am and 4:30 pm, Tuesday, August 7 to Friday, August 17, 2012, from the United Way Toronto offices at 26 Wellington St. E., 2nd Fl. We cannot mail out prizes. Prizes will not be handed out after the Friday, August 17, 2012 deadline. Mark these dates in your calendar — United Way Toronto will not personally contact you.
- Top fundraiser will be announced on Tuesday, August 7, 2012.
- Prizes are non-cumulative and United Way Toronto reserves the right to substitute prizes for equal or greater value. Check out our prize incentive page for details.
For more information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.