Why Join Youth United?
Toronto is a great city but it’s not equally great for everyone. We need to work together to create opportunities for a better life for everyone in our communities. By joining Youth United and mobilizing with other young people in collective action, you’re helping make Toronto a more livable city, a more compassionate city, a more vibrant place for all of us. At the end of the day, we believe that what unites us is ultimately more powerful than what divides us.
It’s about fostering social justice and doing what’s right.
If you care about your city, now is the time to act. If you want to be heard, you have to speak up. If you want to commit to the cause, you have to raise your hand. By joining Youth United, you’re showing that you care, that you are willing to collaborate and that you have what it takes to empower other youth like yourself to make a lasting difference in our community.
Here are just some of the great things that can happen when you take action. You will:
- Look at your city through a new lens and with a new perspective
- Look at yourself differently and become empowered to affect social change and actively participate in community building
- Become an ambassador of change and social justice at your school and in all aspects of your life
- Develop leadership, organization and communication skills — all attributes that will help you today and well into the future
- Add to valuable experience to your post-secondary applications and to your resume
- Make amazing friends and future networking contacts through the Youth Ambassador network
- Gain the 40 hours you need to graduate high school by getting involved in your community
- Be able to take part in United Way Toronto’s Spirit Awards, possibly winning the Student Campaign Award — and major recognition for your school, plus bragging rights
To join Youth United, please provide your information here.